Railway DC/DC Power Converters, AC/DC Power Supplies and Battery Chargers, DC/AC Sine-wave Inverters, AC/AC Frequency Converters
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of rugged, high performance, EN50155 compliant-switching power supplies for railway and other severe environments.
Our heavy-duty DC/DC power converters, AC/DC power supplies, rectifiers and battery chargers, DC/AC sine-wave inverters and modular power systems operate in onboard and track-side electronic systems in major railway projects around the world. These include light rail, trams, overhead trains, underground and other mass transit systems, freight trains and mining locomotives.
Custom and standard railway quality switching power supplies
ABSOPULSE can meet an extensive range of electrical and mechanical configuration requirements, with modified existing designs or fully custom solutions. Output power levels are available from a few watts to several kilowatts. Selecting from a broad range of our field proven railway quality designs, we deliver rugged power conversion solutions, keeping design costs low and lead times short.
Our power supplies are designed and built for a long operational life in severe environments. High quality designs with traditionally large design headroom and the exclusive use of components with established reliability over many years contribute to high MTBF. All heat generating components are cooled by conduction cooled heat-sink blocks for optimum thermal performance. High efficiency, full electronic protection, and surge and transients protection also contribute to product reliability.
We have an ongoing R&D program which ensures that we remain innovative and are able to provide solutions and respond to all customer requirements.
Railway quality power conversion products
ABSOPULSE product lines designed for on-board and trackside railway applications include:
- DC/DC power converters
- DC/AC sine-wave inverters, single or 3-phase combinations
- AC/AC phase & frequency converters, single or 3-phase combinations
- AC/DC power supplies, rectifiers and battery chargers
- DC-output UPS systems
- Complete power systems in 19in and 23in racks: DC/DC, DC/AC, AC/DC
- Gate-drive power supplies for traction systems - up to 30kVA isolation, corona free
These products typically offer combinations of the following features, depending on specific model and customer requirements:
- Any input and output according to requirements
- Single or multiple outputs
- EMI filtering to any standard, typically EN55022 Class B
- Wide operating temperature ranges including -40°C to +70°C. Wider ranges are available
- Wide range of options including output fail alarms, redundancy, indicators, enable/inhibit and other controls
- RoHS compliance
Rugged mechanical designs
ABSOPULSE power supplies are ruggedly constructed and can be customised for specific mechanical requirements.
Standard mechanical packages and ruggedisation options include:
- Chassis-mountable units in vented conduction/convection or fan-cooled enclosures
- DIN-rail and open-frame format available for many designs
- Plug-in (Eurocard) format for modular power systems in 19in or 23in racks
- Conformal coating and ruggedising are standard
- Full encapsulation (potting) in a thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound with UL94V-0 flammability rating for immunity to high levels of shock and vibration, moisture, dust and airborne contaminants.
- Enclosure in rugged, IP66- or IP67-rated waterproof, dustproof and explosion-proof die cast aluminum packages. These enclosures also protect internal electronic boards from condensation and the ingress of oil, salt, sand, insects and other environmental contaminants.
- Custom connections
Railway standard compliance
ABSOPULSE railway power supplies are designed to meet rail-specific standards including EN50155, EN61000, EN50121-3-2 conducted and radiated (EMI and EMC), EN55022 Class B, RIA 12, IEC571, as well as IEC61373 shock/vibration and RIA 13 and RIA 20 mechanical standards. Please let us know if you require compliance to any other standards.
Please use the form below to send us your enquiry.
Absopulse Electronics Ltd
110 Walgreen Rd
+1 613 836 3511
+1 613 836 7488